mark & graham tastemaker + interview
i had the honor of being interviewed recently over on Mark & Graham + wanted to share what they put together below -enjoy!
We are thrilled to welcome back one of our prior tastemakers: Christina Loucks! Christina is a stylist, overall creative + blogger extraordinaire. Last time she dropped by Mark and Graham, she gave us her top picks for entertaining as well as styled a stunning Spring tabelscape with her favorite Mark and Graham pieces.
Today, she is sharing with us how she likes to make her mark on the world and with her daughter.
Christina is a master of mixing vintage and modern in an elegant way. We were invited into her light and airy home that she shares with her family. It is styled to the nines and shows off her love of incorporating both new and old in her life! We love how our crisp white embroidered dinner napkin is juxtaposed against the exposed brick and the wooden dresser.
We sat down with Christina to see just how she likes to makes her mark!
– I make my mark by…finding the positive, enjoying every moment that is given to me + teaching the same insight to my daughter.
– My favorite toast is…. With Thanksgiving next week I guess I need to come up with one!
– Best gift I ever received…my daughter.
– If I could, I would… give old houses a new, modern life from the ground up, play with Mila, enjoy flower markets [ the aisles + aisles of flowers] oh! and live in one of those amazing modern glass homes they always show in Dwell magazine placed on a cliff overlooking the ocean.
– On Sundays, find me…laying down on the shag carpeting in the living room reading + playing with mila seeing the world through the eyes of a little toddler and walking the horse fields near our home with our her four-legged boxer bestie, Kona.
– My signature drink is…my signature is not being able to choose one. it can be Prosecco, champs, my newly discovered adoration for Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc, or an extra [extra!] dirty vodka martini with a lot of blue cheese stuffed olives.
-Seltzer water is always in my fridge. Is that boring? but it is so far from that; it has bubbles!
– I’m secretly addicted to…dare I say the real housewives series? there. I said it. out-loud and online. it’s no longer a secret. Not all of them, but my favorites are OC + NYC. I have so little down time, that when I do, I want to rest this brain of mine with some entertaining nonsense.
images photographed by heidi gelhdauser