i simply cannot believe it is that time of the year, but i am so excited to share this magic with little squoosh who is growing before my eyes! this image came from a fun holiday shoot with her that i will share the rest of soon. and clearly could not decide on a card from tiny prints, so did half and half.
enjoy this magical time of year
thanks heidi geldhauser for the amazing photo!
i saw this post on dwell + was instantly in love. as you know, i have an adoration for minimal design + the use of mixed materials to bring in an organic look. this one takes the cake with white walls, concrete, stainless steel , natural light + the mix of warn cozy walnut -toned furnishings. what do you think? do you love this space as much as i do?
i really love to entertain, having my friends all around, enjoy drinks + yummy bites – especially around the holidays. i wanted to share this shoot i did for style me pretty living
as i’ve said before, my home is not huge – it is roughly around 1500 square feet, so it can be tight quarters. i use every surface to place food + drinks, + mix + match serving ware. i especially love brunch, which i styled out here. you can even be creative with how you store your cutlery, aprons + platters. you can see above i have them hung on the wall as art – functional + creative.
i also wanted to make mention of this new brand that i am truly amazed with – madhouse collection. their plates, platters + plastic twigware were used in the above shoot. i always liked michael aram’s collection, + now he has come out with melamine + plastic options for entertaining. this stuff has blown me away – really! my personal fav – the sea urchin plates from the ocean collection.
special thanks to room & board for letting us shoot in their atlanta showroom. table, buffet, chairs + chandelier from room & board
3-tier tray , bow napkins, coffee mug – gretel home
lemonwood plates, twig cutlery, white sea urchin plates, black orchid platter , white leaf platter – madhouse collection
i had the honor of being interviewed recently over on Mark & Graham + wanted to share what they put together below -enjoy!
We are thrilled to welcome back one of our prior tastemakers: Christina Loucks! Christina is a stylist, overall creative + blogger extraordinaire. Last time she dropped by Mark and Graham, she gave us her top picks for entertaining as well as styled a stunning Spring tabelscape with her favorite Mark and Graham pieces.
Today, she is sharing with us how she likes to make her mark on the world and with her daughter.
Christina is a master of mixing vintage and modern in an elegant way. We were invited into her light and airy home that she shares with her family. It is styled to the nines and shows off her love of incorporating both new and old in her life! We love how our crisp white embroidered dinner napkin is juxtaposed against the exposed brick and the wooden dresser.
We sat down with Christina to see just how she likes to makes her mark!
– I make my mark by…finding the positive, enjoying every moment that is given to me + teaching the same insight to my daughter.
– My favorite toast is…. With Thanksgiving next week I guess I need to come up with one!
– Best gift I ever received…my daughter.
– If I could, I would… give old houses a new, modern life from the ground up, play with Mila, enjoy flower markets [ the aisles + aisles of flowers] oh! and live in one of those amazing modern glass homes they always show in Dwell magazine placed on a cliff overlooking the ocean.
– On Sundays, find me…laying down on the shag carpeting in the living room reading + playing with mila seeing the world through the eyes of a little toddler and walking the horse fields near our home with our her four-legged boxer bestie, Kona.
– My signature drink is…my signature is not being able to choose one. it can be Prosecco, champs, my newly discovered adoration for Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc, or an extra [extra!] dirty vodka martini with a lot of blue cheese stuffed olives.
-Seltzer water is always in my fridge. Is that boring? but it is so far from that; it has bubbles!
– I’m secretly addicted to…dare I say the real housewives series? there. I said it. out-loud and online. it’s no longer a secret. Not all of them, but my favorites are OC + NYC. I have so little down time, that when I do, I want to rest this brain of mine with some entertaining nonsense.
images photographed by heidi gelhdauser
this week neutral hue had a fun rustic vs modern holiday tabletop styling event at west elm atlanta + i wanted to share some of my favorite [modern ] picks for your holiday table. glimmer, clean-lined organic + vintage. the perfect match. have a look at our tables here.
since it’s halloween + all, i wanted to share my little shoot that spun off of my recent west elm shoot [ you can see that here + here] . mila was a little indian for the shoot inspired by the throw-draped tee-pee i built for the throw shoot. i wanted squoosh to have a costume that i made, however – i don’t know how to sew; so this worked perfectly. all with some leather string, felt, feathers + a glue gun. hope you enjoy! happy halloween. you can see more of this shoot over on babiekins.
have you heard of dot & bo? they are a new concept of design shopping – and they have an unbelievable collection of all different modern aesthetics. loving the mix of black + textures, modern + warm wood tones. perfect for the cooler months on their way! in case you missed it, see some of my picks + a little feature here.